Lomond Community School
Many schools dotted the prairies because it was a government policy to have a school within walking distance of every student. Twenty-seven such schools operated in the Lomond area.
Dufferin School was established August 26, 1912. The building was moved to Lomond. Rolling Prairie, Ocean Wave, Dufferin and Deep Water became Lomond Consolidated School No. 20 on May 22, 1916. In 1949 a new school was built and the three old buildings were sold. On May 2nd, the school was officially openned and an Openning Ceremony took place. Mr. Hendrickson was the principal at this time. The consolidated school district was dissolved in 1961 and on December 31, 1961 Dufferin formally became Lomond District.
Address: 102 3RD Ave South,
Owner: Horizon School Division