Co-op Connection- Lomond
The Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) is a unique, multi-billion dollar organization based on the fundamental principles of co-operation. It is comprised of a network of approximately 200 autonomous retail co-operatives across Western Canada along with their branch operations, and Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL). FCL is the wholesaling/manufacturing arm of the CRS, which provides the retail co-ops with a range of products and services. South Country Co-op invites applications for the position of Agronomist in Lomond, Alberta.
South Country Co-op is a unique organization with budgeted sales in excess of $400 million. Based on the fundamental principles of co-operation, we are locally invested, community-minded, and offer lifetime membership benefits. We are comprised of several locations offering a variety of services in several local communities.
The Agronomist is responsible for adhering to our Co-op Brand of “You’re at Home Here” by providing superior customer service and technical advice in all areas including:
• General Health and Safety (South Country Co-op is COR certified)
• Develop and administer an aggressive farm contact program with present and prospective customers, promoting the services and product lines available at the Co-op.
• Provide information on seed, weed, disease and insect control so customers can make an informed decision.
• Provide field scouting as requested and provide information of findings to the customer.
• To act as facilitator for the resolution of product complaints between the customer and supplier within the shortest possible time frame.
• Manage all supplier programming to the benefit of growers and the Co-op
• Purchasing and sales
• Marketing and Administration
• Continue both personal and professional development
The successful candidate would possess the following:
• Degree or Diploma in Agriculture preferred or CCA certification.
• Two or more years of related sales experience with a farm background.
• Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must have the ability to effectively communicate, both orally and written.
• Basic computer knowledge and skills to develop spreadsheets, documents, and customer files.
• Hold a valid Alberta Driver’s License.
Hours of work will be dependent on customer needs, and at certain times of the year work hours may include early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
South Country Co-op offers the following:
• A great team that works exceptionally well together
• Very supportive environment with plenty of staff that allows for learning, collaboration, growth and professional development
• Full Benefits Plan including Extended Health Care, Dental, Life Insurance & Long Term Disability Insurance
• Employer Matched Pension Plan (6% Matched)
• Employee Family Assistance Program
• Competitive wages paid bi-weekly & Bonus Incentive Plan
• Retail Purchase Rebate
• Employee Referral & Service Recognition Programs
• Tuition Assistance
• Excellent Opportunities for further development and advancement
To view job posting or apply click here