Candidates are invited to apply for the casual position of Cook to work at Extendicare Vulcan, a 46 bed Long Term Care facility in the Town of Vulcan.
Reporting to the Dietary Supervisor, you will be following established policies, procedures and standards, preparing and serving food for the residents, including the more complex meal preparation for the facility (dinner, sauces, desserts etc.), cleaning production area and equipment.
- Reviews regular and therapeutic menus and sets up equipment and supplies for food preparation. Prepares food and nourishments including evening meal, following standardized recipes and production sheets.
- Provides for prescribed diets, including variations in texture. Ensures meals are served on time, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities.
- In the absence of the Dietary Supervisor, decides on menu changes as necessary and ensures that changes are recorded following department procedures.
- Monitors quality and quantity of food supplies ordered, proper operation of kitchen equipment and alerts Supervisor of problems. Recommends corrective action.
- Directs Dietary Aides in basic food preparation procedures and in serving activities at meal times.
- Assumes responsibility for routine departmental operations in the absence of the Dietary Supervisor which may include staff replacements and making Maintenance or Charge Nurse aware of malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintains all required records such as menu changes, delivery receipts, temperature checks; cooperates with other departments to meet resident needs.
QUALIFICATIONS would include but not limited to the following:
- Experience in an Institutional or Long-Term Care setting with large quantity cooking preferred.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to read and write English, and understand moderately complex verbal and written instructions in English.
- Proven ability to provide direction and lead others within a busy environment.
Please forward your résumé to the attention of:
Wayne Taillefer, Administrator
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax 403-485-2879