Market Street Vulcan is currently seeking a Full Time Meat Department Manager for our Vulcan, AB location.
We are keen on finding an individual who can ensure the smooth operations of our meat department, in terms of sales and daily operations.
Job Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Apply and enforce company policies and procedures, including those regarding proper food handling procedures, sanitation, and safety
- Perform inventory of sales floor and backroom while maintaining accurate records
- Achieve maximum sales and profit margins through creative merchandising strategies
- Make certain that all Meat items are cut, de-boned, trimmed and processed to company standards
- Ensure efficient workforce utilization, ensure staffing goals are met, and perform training and development of staff members
- Ensure proper set-up of counters, tables, coolers, backroom and proper rotation of products
- Establish and maintain daily and weekly work and cleaning schedules
- Liase with the store manager, department heads and meat staff to discuss upcoming ads or promotions, cross merchandising and/or addressing any concerns or issues that may arise
- Receive and unload meat products, while checking for count, condition and quality
- Work towards providing a positive shopping environment for customers and a progressive work environment for staff members
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Previous, relevant grocery / meat department experience in a supervisory capacity
- Post-secondary Meat Cutting training / journeyman certification
- Ability to lead a team, offering coaching and mentoring to increase team engagement and productivity
- A high level of communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Take a genuine interest in people with a strong commitment to providing top-quality customer service
- Have an excellent command of the English language – both verbal and written
- Proven ability to process a variety of meat cuts
- Able to multi-task, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule (including evenings, weekends, and holidays) in order to meet the needs of the department
Our commitment to you:
- Competitive wages with starting rates based on experience
- Profit sharing bonus incentive program
- Flexible work environment
- Room for advancement – all new opportunities posted internally first
- Comprehensive benefits package including Dental, Extended Health, Vision, Life & Disability
If you feel that you possess the knowledge, skills and abilities mentioned above then we would love to hear from you!
More than one way to apply!
- Respond to this job ad: apply in confidence with your resume & cover letter. (Please indicate your preferred department, wage expectation & and any work hours restrictions) Click Here to apply
- In person: drop off your resume and cover letter at the store.
We would like to thank everyone for applying, however due to the volume of applications received only those moving forward to the interview process will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Vulcan, AB
- Meat Cutting: 2 years
- Manager / Supervisory: 1 year
- English (good command of verbal and written)
Required licenses or certifications:
- Journeyman Meat Cutter
- Legally entitled to work in Canada