March 25th 2014
BURSARY PROGRAM: Vulcan Area Public & Petroleum Association (VAPPA)
$1000 BURSARY – VAPPA Bursary Application Form
VAPPA is an association comprised of landowners, government representatives and, oil and gas companies who have holdings in the Vulcan County area and are very interested in being an integral part of our community. The Association is financially supported by the petroleum companies and they, along with the other members of the Association, have established this bursary to promote, encourage and support individuals to pursue a career in the agricultural, petroleum, medical or emergency services fields.
- Be pursuing a career in the following fields: agricultural; oil and gas; medical; or, emergency services.
- Be a grade twelve (12) graduate who has been awarded a High School Diploma while residing in the Town of Vulcan or Vulcan County;
- Provide a transcript of your final grade 12 marks;
- Be registered in a post secondary educational facility (university, college, technical/trade institute or other post secondary facility for advanced learning);
- Provide proof of acceptance or enrollment in one of the above noted educational institutions identifying the program you are enrolled in; and
- Submit an essay (minimum of 1000 words) on why you want to pursue a career in one of the above noted fields and, why you should be chosen as the recipient of our bursary.
To qualify for this $1000 bursary:
- Applications must be received by August 31st of the year in which you are applying;
- All required documentation, as noted above, must be received before we can consider your application. If these are not immediately available, please forward them as soon as you receive them; and
- Bursary funds will not be issued until after classes start. Once your classes start, please forward proof of attendance and a cheque will be issued to you immediately.
PLEASE NOTE: You may apply for a second bursary; however, your application will be considered secondary to first time applicants.
Applicants are asked to fill in and mail the attached application form, along with the documents noted above, to:
P.O. Box 421
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our Administrator, Linda Cloutier, by phone at 403-485-2897 or by email at email@example.com. The application form will also be available online through our website: www.vappa.synergyalberta.ca.